Summer is officially here!While I patiently wait for the return of my four favorite shows, I’ve decided to binge watch another superhero show. The problem is I can’t make up my mind on which one!
While I patiently wait for the return of my four favorite shows, I’ve decided to binge watch another superhero show. The problem is I can’t make up my mind on which one!
This is where you come in. This week, we are putting up a poll of other DC shows, that are at least quasi-related to the Arrowverse. Whichever selection receives the most votes by the end of the week gets the watch and review treatment over the summer break. Depending on the length of the series, I’ll put up one or two reviews each week beginning next Sunday.
The Nominees Are In!
Without further ado, here are our five summer nominees:
- The Flash (1990) (22 episodes): The first attempt to bring the Scarlet Speedster to television didn’t go so well. Although it only lasted one season, I’m excited at this prospect of watching this one. John Wesley Shipp stars as Barry Allen and Mark Hamill as the Trickster!
- Constantine (13 episodes): Fans are still quite outraged by the premature cancellation of everyone’s favorite demon hunter. I actually already binge watched this one last year, but if it wins the vote, I would gladly do it again. Matt Ryan owned the role of John Constantine, and I thought the show was quite good. Until the live-action version returns, we are getting a special animated series soon on CW Seed.
- Birds of Prey (13 episodes): This is another show that sadly failed to impress on first airing. Airing in 2002/2003, Batman has abandoned Gotham City. Helena Kyle, daughter of Batman and Catwoman, teams up with her friends to fight various metahumans that plague her city.
- Gotham (66 episodes): Originally, this was the story of the younger days of James Gordon. However, the series has evolved to focus on young Bruce Wayne and the origins of several of Batman’s greatest foes. I’ve read several mixed reviews of this series, so I’m curious. This series will be returning for a fourth run in the fall.
- Lucifer (31 episodes): Featuring the character taken from Neil Gaiman’s beloved Sandman comics, this fantasy/police drama is also returning next season. I know the least about this one. Apparently, Lucifer has given up hell in order to solve crimes in Los Angeles. Could be interesting.
Which Show Should Joel Review Over The Summer?
- The Flash (1990) (34%, 42 Votes)
- Constantine (33%, 40 Votes)
- Gotham (12%, 15 Votes)
- Birds of Prey (11%, 14 Votes)
- Lucifer (10%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 123
There you have it, our five nominees for the summer binge. You must vote above with your pick — you only have until Midnight, June 24th to cast your vote!
Have you seen any of the shows in our summer poll? Which one is your favorite? Explain your vote in the comment below!